Chances are your computer has already warned you, “After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is nearing the end.”
And then, you checked the tiny little box, “Do not remind me again.”
What does the end of support mean? It means that Microsoft will no longer provide security and software updates, leaving your operating system at an increasingly greater risk from malware after January 14, 2020. Even with your antivirus software being faithfully updated.
Bad-actors (those who use exploits to gain access to our computers) will begin to dip into their secret lists of exploits that have remained unpatched over the years.
Small Business Owners: What can you do to prepare?
- Backup your documents and photos
- Honestly assess the age and condition of your computers
- Then decide if you are better off getting new computers with Windows 10 and a 3-year factory warranty rather than individual Windows 10 licenses for your aged computers
Medium-sized Businesses: You likely have another option.
- Businesses with 50-250 computers likely have volume licensing in place
- You will need to assess software requirements for all of your 3rd party applications
- If you don’t have a Volume Licensing purchasing partner, Remedium Systems will be happy to work with you to find the best solutions for your new Volume Licensing needs.
Larger Companies: with their own dedicated I.T. staff
- Remedium Systems often works in parternship with company staff to help find solutions quickly and effectively.
This lifts the burden from your staff and allows them to focus on the daily work necessary to keep all your employees productive.
Contact Remedium Systems today for a no cost, no obligation analyses. https://remediumsystems.com